Saturday, August 18, 2007

Annie Park 01 : George Simhoni

George Simhoni

George Simhoni is a Toronto-based photographer.
I first noticed this photographer about just two years ago when his butter campaigns were all over the billboards around the city of Toronto.

I find his work beautiful especially for the high-contrast, vibrant colors
since I think those colors with the sharpness together create some kind of freshness. Some of them look a bit like 3D graphics although they're not, and that's quite attractive to me as well.

According to his website, art directors have portrayed him as "a story teller in a single image, having the ability to bring life and humanity to his work." His work has been described as "rich, in layers of emotion, humor, irony, and even mystery."

His philosophy is that if you plan the shoot well beforehand, you have the time to "allow the magic to happen." Says George, "If I can stop someone and give them a momentary thoughtful pause, a smile, or a thought, then I have accomplished my mission."

He has won numerous world wide awards and he is currently working in Toronto as a member of Westside Studio. Well.. since I do not have much knowledge about photography (yet :p), my explanation won't be enough to tell you guys exactly why I think he's great.

Now I'll just let you guys look at the photos and enjoy yourselves :)


Collections including Landscape, People, Travel etc.

spiderman goes golfing!

notice there's a couple of sheep on the left :D

this one looks like a painting little bit

bug lamps

smoking ballerinas


Campaigns

sony camera

Wal-Mart

Toyota Yaris

Cadillac

Extra

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home